Please print, complete, sign an email the Family-Client Service Agreement – access here the PDF file.
For additional information about the benefits of contracting our services go to the “Resource Tab”.
Please sign, scan and email to: email@example.com
This service agreement is between ________________________(family/client contracting the services – from here on referred as to “ the family/client” and Global Family & Home Care located at 4050 W. George, Chicago, IL 60641.
This agreement specifies the terms and conditions of both Global Family & Home Care and the family/client for the identification, referral and employment screening process of a nanny, newborn care specialist, after school child care, tutor, house manager, personal assistant, professional home-office organizer, housekeeper and/ or any other individual(s) referred directly or indirectly to the client by Global Family & Home Care. The service identified for the client may be either as a live-in / live-out, full-time or part-time, permanent or temporary.
I – SERVICES:
Global Family & Home Care and family/client enter in agreement for Global Family & Home Care to make responsible efforts to locate the specified care specialist to perform services needed by the family/client. However, the family understands and agrees that signing up with Global Family & Home Care does not guarantee that our agency will find a suitable care specialist for the family based on the specified qualifications.
II – CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
- The family/client understands and agrees that all information and materials about the care specialists are to be kept strictly confidential and are to be used only in conjunction with Global Family & Home Care referral services.
If the family/client refers a care specialist to another family, or provides care specialist information to another party, and the other party hires the care specialist without compensating Global Family & Home Care its full placement fee, the family/client will be responsible for paying our agency full fees as stated in this agreement as if Global Family & Home Care had placed the care specialist with the family/client.
III – THE FAMILY / CLIENT HAS THE MAIN EMPLOYER ROLE
- The family / client understands and agrees that the care specialist’s work schedule and the method, manner, means, and terms of employment, and any other terms and conditions of employment, will be determined by the family/client and the care specialist.
Global Family & Home Care is not responsible for the care specialist’s direction, supervision, control or compensation, and Global Family & Home Care is not the care specialist employer or co-employer with the family/client. The family/client is the care specialist employer; therefore, responsible for all employer-related salary, related taxes, and other state labor requirements. Please refer to the Department of Labor for additional details. Visit their link at http://www.illinois.gov.
IV – FEES
Refer to the fee addendum. All fees are due prior to the Care Specialist first day of work.
- The family/client understand and agrees to pay any additional placement fees to Global Family & Home Care if the family/client employs or engages our care specialist for a period longer than reported to Global Family & Home Care. For example – the usual on-call placement fee is $25 per day; therefore, if a family/client initially retains an on-call babysitter referred by us for 3 days, the placement fee is $75.
- If the family/client engages the babysitter for any additional days, they would need to pay the additional $25 placement fee per day up to a maximum of 5 days, after which the care specialist would be considered as a temp care specialist, not as an on-call care specialist. Care Specialists that work more than 5 days for the same family are considered temporary care specialists.
Family/Client further agrees to provide Global Family & Home Care with a valid credit card number, expiration date and other information to be able to charge the necessary fees in accordance to the contract, and based on the services rendered. Family/Client will immediately inform Global Family & Home Care about new credit card information should they have to cancel or replace the credit card on file with our agency.
V – ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
- The family / client agree to inform Global Family & Home Care before offering employment to a referral or engage any care specialist.
- The family /client will not disclose any information about any care specialist to any third party without prior written consent from Global Family & Home Care. Email confirmation is allowed as a written consent.
- The family / client will not hire a care specialist recommended by any other Global Family & Home Care specialist until proper screening. In such case, the family will owe the same fees and be subject to the same terms and conditions as are provided for in this agreement.
This agreement shall remain in effect for a minimum of one year and it shall thereafter continue in effect until either party notifies the other, in writing, that it desires to terminate the agreement. Nevertheless, if the family hires any care specialist that was referred and screened by Global Family & Home Care during the term of the agreement, then the family shall still be responsible for the fees and costs provided for in this agreement.
VI – REFERRAL POLICY
- Upon fulfillment of the conditions listed herein, subject and limited to the terms of this agreement, Global Family & Home Care provides the following additional referral policy:
If a care specialist (excluding newborn care specialists or temporary care specialists) fails to remain in the position for a period of 30 days, the family/client will receive a refund of all fees paid, less 25% of the annual total gross income earned by the care specialist while employed by the family/client, or Global Family & Home Care will make reasonable efforts according to applicable law for 30 days from the date the agency gets notification to refer an additional care specialist to the family/client. Global Family & Home Care will make reasonable efforts, according to the law to recruit a replacement who meets family/client’s job requirements.
Global Family & Home Care obligation is dependent on the following conditions:
- Family / client notifies the agency, in writing, about the care specialist absence of position within three days of departure.
- All fees initially stipulated in the contract are paid and up to date.
- Job description and requirements are not changed.
- If the family/client increases the compensation paid to any care specialist hired through Global Family & Home Care, the family/client agrees to pay Global Family & Home Care the additional fee representative of the compensation difference according to the applicable formula in the Family/Client Service Agreement.
If the family/client fails to meet the aforementioned requirements, Global Family & Home Care has no further obligation to the family/client.
VII – DISCLAIMER – WAIVER – HOLD HARMLESS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Global Family & Home Care assumes no liability or responsibility for, and makes no representations or warranties about, any information, credentials, material, errors, omissions, services, care specialists, candidates, referrals, employees or potential employees it provides to the families/clients.
- The family/client understand and agrees that the use of Global Family & Home Care is at the family own risk. Except as specified in this agreement, Global Family & Home Care does not provide and specifically disclaims any express or implied guarantees or warranties to the family. Our agency’s specific guarantee is specified at the end of this document in one of the addendums.
- By signing this document, the family/client hereby waives and releases Global Family & Home Care and its owners, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, attorneys, representatives, and affiliates from all liability, including but not limited to liability arising from negligence, equipment, or the actions of any third party, arising under law or otherwise.
- Further, Family/client shall indemnify, defend and hold Global Family & Home Care and its owners, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, attorneys, representatives, and affiliated entities harmless against any damages or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or in any way in connection with the interviewing , selection, employment, or association of a care specialist or other person referred to family/client by Global Family & Home Care, regardless of how, when, or where any damages or liability was incurred.
- Additionally, a party’s aggregate liability for damages of any kind under this Family/Client Service Agreement shall be limited to the amount of the placement fee received by or owed to Global Family & Home Care from family/client.
- In addition, this agreement does not limit either party’s right, where applicable, to file, cooperate with or participate in an investigative proceeding of any government entity, or to file charges that do not seek personal relief for released claims with any governmental entity.
- Further, the family/client indemnifies all Global Family & Home Care and its affiliates from liability arising out of or in any way in connection with the interviewing, selection, employment, or association of a care specialist or other referrals to the family, regardless of how, when, or where any damages or liability was incurred.
Finally, in no event shall either party to this agreement be liable for consequential, incidental, exemplary, punitive, special or indirect damages of any kind. Any party’s aggregate liability for damages of any kind under this agreement shall be limited to the amount of the placement fee received, or owed to Global Family & Home Care from the family/client.
VIII – MISCELLANEOUS
- This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to Illinois law. Any action or proceeding commenced regarding this agreement shall be brought in Cook County, Illinois.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Global Family & Home Care and the family/client, and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements between Global Family & Home Care and the family/client with respect to the subjects covered in this agreement.
- This agreement shall not be amended or modified except in a mutually agreed upon writing signed by the family and an authorized representative of Global Family & Home Care.
- The family/client certifies that it has carefully read and fully understands the scope and effect of all of the provisions of this agreement; that it has had all such time that it desires within which to consider this agreement; that it has had the opportunity to consult with an attorney of its own choosing and at this own expense to review this agreement; and that it has availed itself of this opportunity to the extent, if any, that it wished to do so.
The terms of this agreement are severable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision within this agreement shall not affect the application of any other provisions.
Neither party to this agreement shall assign or transfer this agreement or any interest herein without the prior written consent of the other party.
My signature confirms my acceptance of with this Service Agreement.
________________________________ (client Signature)
________________________________ (client please print your name)
________________________________ Date signed by the client.
At Global Family & Home Care we stand behind our placements with a generous 6-month guarantee on all long-term, full-time, and part-time come-and-go domestic placements. Formal household staffing placements are covered with 3 month guarantee depending on the position. This guarantee is effective upon the first day of employment.
During the first 6 months of domestic employment, our clients are eligible for one replacement search. In the unlikely event that the first hired employee fails to stay in the position, we will complete another full search at no cost to you.
During the first 30 days of employment, clients may choose between a replacement search, or a refund, which would be 25% less than the salary paid to the hired worker and the cost of the background check.
Guarantee is only valid if the client provides a written statement explaining the reason of the domestic worker’s termination within 3 days of the employee’s departure from her/his position.
Guarantee is not valid if the domestic worker was forced to resign due to the following changes initiated by the client: 1) the client moved to a new location, 2) the client decreased domestic worker’s salary; 3) the client drastically decreased/increased employee’s work hours; 4) the client completely changed the previously set work schedule, 5) the client requested a different type of care after the initial placement (i.e. a live-in position instead of a come-and-go position). In all of the above cases, a new full search must be conducted, and a new one-time Placement Fee applies.
If the client cancels the service any time after the placement has been finalized, they are subject to a Service Cancellation Fee, equal to 25% of the applicable placement.
Call us for a complimentary Client Consultation: We will contact you by the end of the day. 312-918-6741
Please complete the required fields in the application in order to facilitate our conversation.
Licensed and bonded with Illinois Department of Labor.
Proud member of the International Nanny Association (INA), adhering to the highest industry standards of professional ethics and service.